They might need a receiver of memory because they need to remember the past. If they want to change back and they don't have a Receiver, good luck. It is important if they want to change into a place like our earth.
I agree with that but I think they might also need a receiver of memory so that they can all be the same no color, no sunlight, they get their jobs, spouses, and kids chosen for them. I think they have a receiver of memory to protect the community so that none of them make the wrong decision. -Alyssa.
I think they need one because nobody in the town knows barely anything because their town is "too perfect" and they have berely anything there, so if they have a Receiver of memory than at least somebody will know everything.
I think they need a Receiver of Memory because with all the overwhelming emotions that some of the memories hold that some people wouldn't know how to handle them. i think he is very important because they might need advice because that something they have never experienced before might come up and they might need advice on it.
i agree with Tristan ( aka Beastman152 ) because if they experience stuff that they never experienced before and they don't have any memories of it then they wouldn't know what to do.
They want to get away from that time so they gave all the memories to the Receiver to get rid of it, but they need to get advice so they don't repeat the things they got rid of. -Tristan Johanningmeier-
I think the community needs a reciever of memory so they can keep track of some of the memories that they had in the past so they don't lose it. It is so important to have the reciever of memory, because he gives great guidance, and helps them remember some momories that should not be forgotten.
I agree with Hailey, I think since they get everything chosen for them they probably think their community has to be "perfect" and they only know what they are told and what they think is "perfect" so true, somebody has to know everything and brake the cycle of "perfect" in their "perfect" town. -Alyssa
I agree but I think they might need a receiver of memory because they need to remember the past. If they need to look back to remember something, they won't be able to. They need a receiver of memory to keep memories and keep going on. --Will
I think they do so that some one knows what really happened in the world before theirs. They make one every time the last one gets old so they never lose the memories of them and the past. I think its a good thing they have them there because what if the wanted to change every thing back to the way it was before and no one was there to tell them how it was before they would have to stay how they are or make a new life style in the world that changes every thing again.
I agree with Paul they need a Receiver so that they don't lose memories of the past. It's kind of like keeping a scrapbook or something like that. It's full of pictures and memories of people and things that are important. Also the Receiver is important to the Community because no one else remembers the past. The Receivers are also very knowledgeable and can help the Elders or others in the Community.
When something goes wrong in the community that they might want to change back, they will go to the Receivers feet and beg for what it was. If they want to live a happy life, they would have done that on the second 6th chapter
I agree with Pauls statement because in the book i believe that if they dont have a receiver they could for get all the stuff and knowledge they learned. i think the giver wants to show jonas all the different types of things he can encounter later on. -Kelon
I agree with Ziggy because at least one person needs to remember the past of everything, but i think that everyone should be able to remember their own memories. It's important to keep all memories of everything because they don't have history books for every one.
I also agree with Paul that they need to keep the Giver of Memories so they know what happened and what is happening now. I also think they need to know what else there is in the world besides their own little "world." I think it is important to have the giver of memory because if the people have a question about the other worlds they can ask the giver to know how or what they do to solve the questions. ~Kelsey
I think the town needs a receiver of memory because that person would make all of the decisions on what the person's job is going to be,what they will eat,etc. I kind of think that the receiver of memory is like the mayor of the town. Every community can't go without a mayor
The community needs a receiver because he is the one that holds the memory of pain and of sickness. They don't want to hear about it of course they just want to keep them around so that they don't have to endure what he has to. They want them around so that war and death will never happen again.
I agree with Caleb and Abi that they do need a Receiver of Memory. I also think they need him in case they want to create new rules or revise previous rules. Then they can ask him what memories he had before the rules took place or why they might need to fix the rule.
I think the community needs a Receiver of Memory because they don't want to live with all the pain or having to live with all the things they don't have would make them feel like they were missing out on something. This is important because there is a lot of responsibilty on the receiver or the consequences of giving wrong advice or the feeling that they are looking for your idea and it is possible that the receiver could give the wrong kind.
Yes, I think that the community needs a Receiver of Memory, because that way no one else will have to know what the past was about or what it held, so then other people wouldn't have those experiences. If they did, then the committee would be in trouble because they wanted their world to be filled with sameness, and that can't occur if everyone wants something different. Having a receiver is important to them because they don't want to have to deal with all of the terrible things that happened in the past, and sinse they don't want to know about the past, they also have to give up all of the good things that come with it as well.
I think the community needs a Recievor of Memory. If many people held the memories of the past, it would proubably be complete caos. If the elders needed to make a decision about something and needed a memory, they would have to go through many people or records to see who held which memory. That could be a lot of work. If they had just one recievor, they could just have one person looking over them all of the time and not many different peopel with their own oppinions about stuff. One person could just think of it and it would just make life a whole lot easier.
I think that they need a receiver of memory because they need someone to hold all of the memories so if their is any mistakes they wont keep repeating the same mistakes. ZAHC D.
I agree with Hailey, PAUL, Rachel, and Landon because the community needs a receiver to get some advice to help the people move on and to go on with their lives also when they need a new receiver they have to elect one during the ceremony of 12s.
I agree with Abi. I think they need one to have the memories from the past. They might need them to fix thing, and to make the community better. If some thing went wrong, and none of them knew how to fix it, then the community wouldn't work any more.
They need a reciever of memory because like the giver said the pain was too much for everyone to handle so someone has to have it but thats kinda selfish because of all the pain just this one person has to go through. Also How do they get the more recent memories?-Katie
They might need a receiver of memory because they need to remember the past. If they want to change back and they don't have a Receiver, good luck. It is important if they want to change into a place like our earth.
ReplyDeleteThey might need to get advice from past mistakes so they don't do the same thing. It is important because he holds all the memories of the past.
ReplyDeleteI agree with that but I think they might also need a receiver of memory so that they can all be the same no color, no sunlight, they get their jobs, spouses, and kids chosen for them. I think they have a receiver of memory to protect the community so that none of them make the wrong decision. -Alyssa.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Caleb. They might need a Receiver of Memory so they know what it was like and to not forget about things that happened in the past.
ReplyDeleteI think they need one because nobody in the town knows barely anything because their town is "too perfect" and they have berely anything there, so if they have a Receiver of memory than at least somebody will know everything.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think they need a Receiver of Memory because with all the overwhelming emotions that some of the memories hold that some people wouldn't know how to handle them. i think he is very important because they might need advice because that something they have never experienced before might come up and they might need advice on it.
ReplyDeletei agree with Tristan ( aka Beastman152 ) because if they experience stuff that they never experienced before and they don't have any memories of it then they wouldn't know what to do.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Caleb's detailed answer about the receiver. I also think they may need him for wisdom if a problem were to occur.
ReplyDeleteTONY
They want to get away from that time so they gave all the memories to the Receiver to get rid of it, but they need to get advice so they don't repeat the things they got rid of.
ReplyDelete-Tristan Johanningmeier-
I think the community needs a reciever of memory so they can keep track of some of the memories that they had in the past so they don't lose it. It is so important to have the reciever of memory, because he gives great guidance, and helps them remember some momories that should not be forgotten.
ReplyDeletePaul
I agree with Hailey, I think since they get everything chosen for them they probably think their community has to be "perfect" and they only know what they are told and what they think is "perfect" so true, somebody has to know everything and brake the cycle of "perfect" in their "perfect" town.
ReplyDelete-Alyssa
I agree but I think they might need a receiver of memory because they need to remember the past. If they need to look back to remember something, they won't be able to. They need a receiver of memory to keep memories and keep going on. --Will
ReplyDeleteI think they do so that some one knows what really happened in the world before theirs. They make one every time the last one gets old so they never lose the memories of them and the past. I think its a good thing they have them there because what if the wanted to change every thing back to the way it was before and no one was there to tell them how it was before they would have to stay how they are or make a new life style in the world that changes every thing again.
ReplyDeleteThey need a reciver of memory because they need someone to keep track of everything in the past just like history books do. Its sorta like that.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Paul they need a Receiver so that they don't lose memories of the past. It's kind of like keeping a scrapbook or something like that. It's full of pictures and memories of people and things that are important. Also the Receiver is important to the Community because no one else remembers the past. The Receivers are also very knowledgeable and can help the Elders or others in the Community.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Stacey
ReplyDeleteWhen something goes wrong in the community that they might want to change back, they will go to the Receivers feet and beg for what it was. If they want to live a happy life, they would have done that on the second 6th chapter
ReplyDeleteI agree with Pauls statement because in the book i believe that if they dont have a receiver they could for get all the stuff and knowledge they learned. i think the giver wants to show jonas all the different types of things he can encounter later on.
ReplyDelete-Kelon
I agree with Ziggy because at least one person needs to remember the past of everything, but i think that everyone should be able to remember their own memories. It's important to keep all memories of everything because they don't have history books for every one.
ReplyDeletealex:)
I also agree with Paul that they need to keep the Giver of Memories so they know what happened and what is happening now. I also think they need to know what else there is in the world besides their own little "world." I think it is important to have the giver of memory because if the people have a question about the other worlds they can ask the giver to know how or what they do to solve the questions.
ReplyDelete~Kelsey
I think the town needs a receiver of memory because that person would make all of the decisions on what the person's job is going to be,what they will eat,etc. I kind of think that the receiver of memory is like the mayor of the town. Every community can't go without a mayor
ReplyDeleteyes ziggy is right, the town dose need a memory receiver so when they need help with somthing they can go to them ad ask them for some help from him,
ReplyDeleteyes ziggy is right, the town dose need a memory receiver so when they need help with somthing they can go to them ad ask them for some help from him,
ReplyDeleteThe community needs a receiver because he is the one that holds the memory of pain and of sickness. They don't want to hear about it of course they just want to keep them around so that they don't have to endure what he has to. They want them around so that war and death will never happen again.
ReplyDeleteQuestion 4
ReplyDeleteI agree with Caleb and Abi that they do need a Receiver of Memory. I also think they need him in case they want to create new rules or revise previous rules. Then they can ask him what memories he had before the rules took place or why they might need to fix the rule.
-Aubree
I think the community needs a Receiver of Memory because they don't want to live with all the pain or having to live with all the things they don't have would make them feel like they were missing out on something. This is important because there is a lot of responsibilty on the receiver or the consequences of giving wrong advice or the feeling that they are looking for your idea and it is possible that the receiver could give the wrong kind.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think that the community needs a Receiver of Memory, because that way no one else will have to know what the past was about or what it held, so then other people wouldn't have those experiences. If they did, then the committee would be in trouble because they wanted their world to be filled with sameness, and that can't occur if everyone wants something different. Having a receiver is important to them because they don't want to have to deal with all of the terrible things that happened in the past, and sinse they don't want to know about the past, they also have to give up all of the good things that come with it as well.
ReplyDeleteI think the community needs a Recievor of Memory. If many people held the memories of the past, it would proubably be complete caos. If the elders needed to make a decision about something and needed a memory, they would have to go through many people or records to see who held which memory. That could be a lot of work. If they had just one recievor, they could just have one person looking over them all of the time and not many different peopel with their own oppinions about stuff. One person could just think of it and it would just make life a whole lot easier.
ReplyDeleteI think that they need a receiver of memory because they need someone to hold all of the memories so if their is any mistakes they wont keep repeating the same mistakes.
ReplyDeleteZAHC D.
I agree with Hailey, PAUL, Rachel, and Landon because the community needs a receiver to get some advice to help the people move on and to go on with their lives also when they need a new receiver they have to elect one during the ceremony of 12s.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Abi. I think they need one to have the memories from the past. They might need them to fix thing, and to make the community better. If some thing went wrong, and none of them knew how to fix it, then the community wouldn't work any more.
ReplyDeleteThey need a reciever of memory because like the giver said the pain was too much for everyone to handle so someone has to have it but thats kinda selfish because of all the pain just this one person has to go through. Also How do they get the more recent memories?-Katie
ReplyDeleteSo that the committee will be able to refer to him and so that they will not make a big mistake
ReplyDelete